Oatmeal Lemon Raspberry Muffins with Lemon Glaze
I made these on a whim this past weekend after really craving something lemon/raspberry-ey because I spotted that the Starbucks Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake is back. I love the flavor combination, but just can’t eat it because it’s a calorie/nutrition sink. So I went and tried to find something to fill that craving.
- Dr. Oetker Organic Oatmeal Muffin Mix
- An egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp confectioner’s sugar
- generous handful of raspberries
- 1 lemon
- Mix muffin mix like normal, but adding in half a lemon’s worth of juice in the liquid stage.
- Add the raspberries in the dry ingredient stage.
- Fill paper liners or muffin tins.
- Bake according to box instructions.
- While baking, mix the rest of the lemon juice with the sugar, until it fully dissolves.
- Once muffins come out of the oven, let cool and drizzle glaze over them.
Estimated Calorie Count: 150-160 per muffin
Starbucks Raspberry Swirl Pound Cake Calories: 430 per slice
Overall obviously not totally the same, but has just enough sweetness and flavor to satisfy the craving. They’re great for the morning too because the oatmeal makes them dense and filling :)